Turbot With Herb Butter
|Turbot||4 1⁄2 Pound (Approx. 2 Kg)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Dry white wine/Lemon juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Butter||5 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Shallots||2 , finely grated|
|Fresh basil/1/2 teaspoon dry||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh tarragon/1/4 teaspoon dry||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1) Get the cleaned fish from the fishmonger.
2) Carefully scrape the fish while fins are clipped.
3) In cold salted water, place the fish for 15 minutes.
4) Rinse the fish and make it dry.
5) On the dark side of the fish along the backbone, make an incision on the fish lengthwise.
6) With a thin sharp knife, cut the fillet free from the bone , but do no seperate the flesh from the side bones.
7) There shouls be pockets in the fish.
8) Also make an angular cut from the middle out.
9) Sprinkle salt, white pepper, couple of drops of lemon juice or white wine.
10) Combine the ingredients of herb butter and fill the pockets with half of this mixture.
11) Take a foil twice the size of fish and grease it well.
12) Place the foil in a roasting pan.
13) Arrange fish in the middle of the foil and place lemon slices all over the fish.
14) Tightly wrap the fish in the foil so that no stock come out of it while cooking.
15) Grease the edges of the pan with oil and place potato slices on the edge.
16) Place the roasting pan in the middle of the oven at 200°C (400°F) for 40-50 minutes, depending on the size and thickness.
17) Serve the fish in foil itself as main dish.