Asparagus With Nut Butter
|Fresh asparagus/Frozen asparagus spears - 2 packages, 10 ounces each||2 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1 1/2 Stick)|
|Chopped peanuts/Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Trim off the woody ends of the asparagus and wash the stalks in cold water.
2. Use a sharp knife to trim off the scales in case they are large and sandy.
3. Tie the clean stalks in different bundles of serving size.
4. Take a deep saucepan, stand upright and add boiling water to a depth of about an inch. Cover the saucepan.
5. Cook for 15 minutes or until soft.
6. Remove the bundles and drain. Or cook the frozen asparagus spears.
7. In a small frying pan, melt butter or margarine and add the peanuts.
8. Heat the serving plates and place the asparagus bundles.
9. Snip off the strings and add nut butter on the top.
10. Serve hot.