Oat Peanut Butter Crunchies
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into thin strips|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Nonfat non instant milk powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carob chips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to the desired temperature of 350Â°.
2) To the work bowl of the food processor(use metal balde),add butter, brown sugar, peanut butter, honey, egg and vanilla.
3) Blend for about 5 seconds.
4) Switch off the machine, remove work bowl cover, scrape down sides of bowl.
5) Process an extra 10 seconds and empty the down sides of bowl.
6) Mix together whole wheat flour, oats, milk powder, baking soda, salt and carob chips.
7) To the work bowl,now add the dry ingredients all together.
8) Mix with with 3-4 on/off pulses until just folded.
9) Do not overblend.
10) Layer the cookie sheet with foil.
11) Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls onto foil, 2 inches apart.
12) Bake for about 10 minutes.
13) Remove to wire rack to cool.
14) Store in airtight container and serve when desired.