Peanut Butter Macaroons
|Corn cereal||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Corn flakes||1⁄2 Ounce (Ready To Eat Type)|
|Quick oats/Old fashioned oats||1 Ounce, uncooked|
|Oats||1 Ounce (Quick / Old Fashioned, Uncooked)|
|Shredded coconut||3 1⁄3 Tablespoon (3 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chunky peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg whites||2 (At Room Temperature)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 325Â°F.
2) In a medium mixing bowl, mix the corn flakes, oats, flour, coconut and sugar together.
3) With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the peanut butter until the mixture is well blended.
4) In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer at high speed until stiff.
5) Gradually beat in the vanilla extract and salt, fold into the peanut butter mixture.
6) On a non-stick baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, drop the batter by rounded teaspoonfuls for 16 equal cookies.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned, remove the cookies on wire rack to cool.
8) Serve immediately on a serving platter or store in airtight container until ready to serve.
Calories 132 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 76.3 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet