Orange Peanut Butter Refrigerator Cookies
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pecan nut meats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 375° F before baking.
2) Sift together dry ingredients except sugars.
3) Combine shortening and peanut butter until well-blended.
4) Slowly cream in granulated and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
5) Beat in egg and then stir in orange juice and rind.
6) Slowly fold in the flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
7) Mix in nut meats.
8) Figure the mixture into 2 rolls 2 inches in diameter.
9) Cover them with waxed paper and chill in fresh-food compartment until firm.
10) Slice them into 1/8-inch pieces.
11) On a greased baking sheet, place the slices and then bake for 12 to 15 minutes in preheated oven.
12) Serve with coffee.