Shirley's Apple Butter
|Tart apples||4 Quart, finely chopped|
|Sugar||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||2 3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Into slow cooker pour apples.
2. Combine remaining ingredients and drizzle over apples.
3. With cover, cook on High for 3 hours stirring well with a large spoon every hour.
4. Reduce heat to Low and cook for 10-12 hours such that butter becomes thick and dark in color.
5. Using strong wire whisk stir occasionally for smooth butter.
6. Preserve by freezing or pouring into sterilized jars and sealing.
7. Serve as desired.
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.01 g0.02%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.01%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 15.3 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 57.6 g
Protein 0.04 g0.07%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 554.2%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 0.42%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet