Whole Wheat Waffles with Honey Peanut Butter Drizzle
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Low fat granola||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Creamy peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Prepare a waffle iron by brushing with canola oil. Spray with cooking spray if required
2. Set it on medium heat to warm up while the batter is being prepared.
3. In a small microwaveable bowl, pour out the honey and the peanut butter.
4. Microwave on high for 40-60 seconds on until warm. Set aside
5. In a medium bowl, crack the eggs and beat with a fork will soft and fluffy
6. Add the remaining pancake ingredients except the granola.
7. Beat the mix till soft and fluffy
8. On to the hot griddle, pour out 1 cup batter from a cup or a pitcher.
9. Close the lid of the waffle iron and bake for 5 minutes or till the steaming stops
10. Carefully remove the waffle and repeat the procedure with the remaining batter.
11. Serve the waffles hot with the granola sprinkled over the waffles. Pour the sauce on the side or on top of the waffles.