Truffled Roast Capon
|Canned truffles||2 , sliced (Walnut Sized, White Variety)|
|Capon||5 Pound (1 Capon)|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Marsala/Port||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Place the breast of the capon on a plate and insert half the truffle slices under the skin.
2) Rub the capon with pepper and poultry seasoning.
3) Lay leftover truffle slices in pit of the capon and truss.
4) Envelop in aluminum foil and chill for 24 hours.
5) Sweep capon with melted butter. Keep on the rack of a shallow baking pan.
6) Brush remaining butter on the capon and wrap with aluminum foil.
7) Place in oven and roast in 300-degree for 1 hour.
8) Rub with salt and roast for 1 hour. Baste frequently with Marsala and pan juices.
9) Discard the foil and roast for 30 minutes further till light brown.
10) Serve hot.