Peanut Butter Fudge
|Butter||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Light brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), firmly packed|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light cream/Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), undiluted|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Peanut butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped pecans/Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Using a small amount of the butter (a teaspoon or less), butter a 9-by-9-by-2-inch pan. Line pan with waxed paper; lightly butter paper.
2. In a heavy, 3-quart saucepan, over low heat, cook brown sugar, granulated sugar and cream, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until candy thermometer registers 234F, or until a little syrup dropped in cold water forms a soft ball.
4. Remove from heat and add remaining butter.
5. When butter is melted, add vanilla and peanut butter. With wooden spoon, beat until thick and creamy. Stir in nuts.
6. Quickly turn into prepared pan; cool completely; refrigerate.
7. Turn out of pan in one piece. Remove waxed paper. With sharp knife cut into squares.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3791 Calories from Fat 1325
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g236.5%
Saturated Fat 64.5 g322.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 309.4 mg103.1%
Sodium 298.5 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 626 g208.8%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 605.9 g
Protein 20 g40.9%
Vitamin A 59.3% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet