Rich Sweet Shortcrust
|Plain flour||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||5 Ounce, softened (150 Gram)|
|Sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a large mixing bowl, sieve the flour along with salt.
2. Cut the margarine or butter into small cubes and add to the flour.
3. Using your fingertips, rub the flour and fat until all the fat has been mixed with the flour. The mixture will have a sandy texture like breadcrumbs.
4. Mix in the sugar.
5. Further, add the egg yolk, lemon juice and cold water to the mixture.
6. Using a pallet knife or a spatula, stir the mixture and bring together, to resemble a cookie dough.
7. Transfer the dough to a clean work surface and knead very lightly to bind the mixture.
8. If the dough is very dry and crumbly, add more water.
9. If the mixture is too sticky, add more flour.
10. Cover the shortcrust dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate until required.
11. Use the dough to make tart shells, line a pastry dish or to make cookies.