Fried Biscuits With Apple Butter
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105° To 115° F)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||5 Tablespoon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Vegetable oil||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Apple butter||1 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
1. Dissolve yeast in a warm water-honey mixture. Keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes to turn bubbly.
2. Take a large electric mixer bowl with dough hook, add flour and salt and mix well.
3. Place a saucepan with milk and shortening on medium heat and allow to scald. Keep aside till lukewarm.
4. Stir into flour along with yeast and beat for 4 minutes to form a sticky dough.
5. Transfer to floured board, knead for 2 minutes to a smooth dough, shape as a bowl, keep in an oiled bowl with oiled side on top. Slightly cover and keep in a warm place, free of draft, for 1.5 hours, for dough to rise and double. Press dough down hard.
6. Place on lightly floured board and roll out as /2 to 3/4 inch thick and with a cookie cutter, make into 2.5 inch to 3 inch rounds.
7. Add oil to a pan, heat to 360° to 370°. Add 4 to 6 rolls, slowly, into hot oil. Using a slotted spoon, fry for 6 minutes, turning halfway through, till both sides turn golden brown.
8. Drain, arrange in bread dish and serve piping hot with apple butter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8280 Calories from Fat 6603
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 747 g1149.3%
Saturated Fat 109.5 g547.4%
Trans Fat 9.9 g
Cholesterol 22.6 mg7.5%
Sodium 1080 mg45%
Total Carbohydrates 357 g119%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g54.1%
Sugars 20.4 g
Protein 55 g110.5%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 0.21%
Calcium 33.1% Iron 120.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet