|Scallions||4 Bunch (400 gm), washed and trimmed of roots and tops|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon, blended with 2 tablespoons cold water|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In a saucepan, combine the scallions, water and salt.
2. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer the scallions for 5-7 minutes until tender-crisp.
3. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the scallions to a dish. Keep warm.
4. To the scallion liquid, add cream and butter and simmer, stirring until well blended.
5. Stir in flour-water paste and cook until thickened and smooth.
6. Season with pepper and salt according to taste.
7. Coat the scallions with the sauce.
8. Serve warm as a side dish.
Calories 109 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.4%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.6 mg9.5%
Sodium 258.1 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 2 g3.3%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet