Asparagus With Citrus Butter
|Fresh asparagus spears/Frozen asparagus spears||2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
1. Snap off and remove tough ends of fresh asparagus.
2. Using vegetable peeler or sharp knife, scour the scales.
3. Take a 3-quart saucepan; cover and cook asparagus in very little boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
4. Drain off excess water and keep aside.
5. Prepare 2 tbsp grated peel from one orange.
6. Prepare 1/4 cup orange juice by squeezing the peeled orange and keep aside.
7. Take a 12-inch skillet, add butter and melt over medium heat.
8. Add garlic, cook for a minute and then add orange juice and orange peel.
9. Add asparagus and cook for about 3 to 5 minute or till it turns tender.
10. On a serving platter, transfer asparagus.
11. Top with orange juice mixture.
12. Serve hot.