Barbecued Scallops with Hazelnut Butter
|Scallops||8 , cleaned with 4 shells reserved|
|For hazelnut butter|
|Unsalted butter||5 Ounce, softened (140 Gram)|
|Shelled hazelnuts||2 Ounce, chopped (50 Gram)|
|Shallot/Small red onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Chives||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), chopped (1 Small Bunch)|
|Lemons||2 , juiced|
|For french dressing|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sunflower oil||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Olive oil||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Mixed salad leaves||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Basil||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1 Small Handful)|
1. To make the hazel nut butter, in a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the hazelnut butter.
2. Using spatula, mix the ingredients well.
3. Season the butter to your taste and set aside.
4. To make the dressing, in a glass bowl, use a wire whisk or a fork to whisk the mustard, vinegar and seasoning.
5. Gradually pour in the oils, whisking continuously to form an emulsion.
6. Arrange 2 scallops on each of the bottom shells.
7. Divide the butter between them and season with a little sea salt if you like.
8. Close the scallops with the top shell.
9. Arrange the scallops in a shallow baking dish.
10. Place the scallops under a broiler or grill and cook for 5 minutes until the scallops are cooked in the hazel nut butter.
11. In a large salad bowl, toss the greens, basil and chives.
12. Pour the dressing over the greens and toss well to coat.
13. In 2 deep dish plates, heap the tossed greens,
14. Carefully arrange 2 scallops in the shell over the greens.
15. Drizzle any left over dressing.
16. Serve immediately.
Calories 1776 Calories from Fat 1584
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 180 g277.6%
Saturated Fat 51.8 g258.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.4 mg63.1%
Sodium 195.4 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 28 g56.7%
Vitamin A 100.3% Vitamin C 128.9%
Calcium 19.9% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet