Chocolate Butter Cream
|Cooking chocolate||4 Ounce (100 Gram, Plain)|
|Butter/Table margarine||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||6 Ounce (150 Gram)|
1. Prepare a double boiler. To do so, in a small sauce pan, simmer 3 inches of water on a low flame.
2. Use a stainless steel basin or Pyrex glass bowl, which will fit over the saucepan without the base touching the simmering water. Break chocolate into smaller pieces and place the bowl over the simmering water to melt the chocolate. Stir occasionally until all the chocolate has melted.
3. Take bowl away from the heat and set aside.
4. In another medium bowl, using an electric beater or a wire whisk, cream fat and sugar until light and creamy.
5. Pour in the melted chocolate and continue to beat until well blended.
6. If the cream is very thin and runny, add a little more icing sugar to adjust the consistency. If too thick, add a teaspoon of hot water.
7. You can use this cream as an icing or to use as a piping cream to decorate cakes.
8. You can add nuts or chocolate chips as well and use it to make layered cakes.