|Apples||4 Cup (64 tbs), sliced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the sliced apples, stoned dates spices and water.
2. Place the pan on a medium heat and bring the mixture to a boil
3. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until all the water is absorbed and the apples and dates are soft and pulpy.
4. Empty the mixture into a blender or liquidizer jar.
5. Pour the apple butter into a clean jar with a tight fitting lid and place in the refrigerator to chill.
6. You can serve this as an accompaniment or use it as a stuffing, filling or spread.
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.91 g1.4%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.71%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5.4 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.7%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g53.9%
Sugars 64 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet