Peanut Butter Fudge
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crunchy peanut butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Roasted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) Take a small Dutch oven and mix corn syrup, sugar and half-and-half in it.
2) Cook over low heat while stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves completely.
3) Keep on cooking without stirring the mixture until it reaches the soft ball stage of 234°.
4) Remove the mixture from flame and add the butter without stirring it in.
5) Allow the mixture to become lukewarm.
6) Add all the other ingredients beating with a wooden spoon thoroughly.
7) Continue for 2-3 minutes until the fudge thickens and loses its gloss.
8) Take a 8 inch sized square pan and butter it.
9) Pour the fudge into it.
10) Mark the still hot fudge into 1 inch sized squares.
11) Allow it to cool before cutting and serving.