Peanut Butter Chewies
|Smooth peanut butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Quick oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (350°). Lightly grease cookie sheets.
2. Beat together the peanut butter, margarine and brown sugar in a medium-size bowl until smooth and fluffy. Beat in the eggs until blended.
3. Beat in the all-purpose and whole-wheat flours, molasses, baking powder and salt.
4. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls, 1 inch apart, onto the prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake the cookies in the preheated moderate oven (350°) for 15 to 18 minutes or until browned. Cool the cookies on the cookie sheets on a wire rack before removing the cookies from the sheets.
Calories 227 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.6 mg6.2%
Sodium 200.7 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.5%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 5 g10.1%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 0.1%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet