Peanut Butter Cookies
|Sifted all purpose flour||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Double-acting baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add corn syrup and peanut butter and beat until smooth and well blended. Add beaten egg and vanilla. Add sifted dry ingredients gradually, beating well after each addition.
4. Shape dough with fingers into balls about 1 inch in diameter. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
5. Flatten tops of cookies with prongs of fork, making lattice patterns. Dip fork in cold water occasionally to keep from sticking.
6. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.