Semi Sweet Crescents
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Make any time up to 2 weeks ahead:
1. In small saucepan, over hot, not boiling, water, melt chocolate pieces with milk; cool slightly.
2. Sift flour with salt.
3. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
4. In medium bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter until creamy; beat in sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy; add melted chocolate. Beat in flour mixture gradually until thoroughly blended. Stir in almonds.
5. Shape rounded teaspoons of mixture into crescents; place on ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
7. Cool on wire racks. Store in tightly-covered container. Makes 3 dozen.