Semi Sweet Crescents
|Semisweet chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Make any time up to 2 weeks ahead:
1. In small saucepan, over hot, not boiling, water, melt chocolate pieces with milk; cool slightly.
2. Sift flour with salt.
3. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
4. In medium bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter until creamy; beat in sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy; add melted chocolate. Beat in flour mixture gradually until thoroughly blended. Stir in almonds.
5. Shape rounded teaspoons of mixture into crescents; place on ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
7. Cool on wire racks. Store in tightly-covered container. Makes 3 dozen.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3454 Calories from Fat 1763
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 202 g311.1%
Saturated Fat 109.7 g548.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 364.4 mg121.5%
Sodium 1016.2 mg42.3%
Total Carbohydrates 377 g125.7%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 169.8 g
Protein 41 g81.8%
Vitamin A 84.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 22.7% Iron 77.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet