Side Effects Of Eating Peanut Butter
Peanut butter is a popular spread which is the paste of ground and dry roasted peanuts. But in spite of its amazing and delicious flavor, there are certain side effects associated with these delicious paste. Peanut butter is capable of causing serious allergic reactions in certain people that may lead to fatal complications. Read on to know about the deadly side effects of this chunky , dairy less butter.
Side Effects Of Consuming Peanut Butter:
- Peanuts are more susceptible to aspergillus flavus infection which may cause carcinogenic substance called aflatoxin.
- The high trans-fatty acid content of peanut butter may cause health problems like stroke, coronary artery disease, stoke etc. by clogging the arteries.
- Being more prone to salmonella bacteria infection, peanut butter may cause salmonellosis which may show symptoms like abdominal cramps, diarrhea with mucus, vomiting, nausea, fatigue, headache etc.
- Such salmonella infected peanut butter may cause a chronic condition called Reiter's syndrome (reactive arthritis), symptoms of which includes joint pain, eye irritation and painful urination.
- The high calorie content of peanut butter may contribute a lot to your weight gain and make you obese.
- Researchers have proved that peanut butter is capable of tooth decay in some people.
- Peanut butter allergy is a hypersensitivity reaction which may cause symptoms like vomiting, urticaria (hives), abdominal pain, diarrhea and breathing problems. In worse cases it may even cause reactions like anaphylactic shock which may even turn fatal in some cases.
- Children are more prone to peanut butter allergy and it may cause initial reactions like dry scratchy throat in them which may worsen and lead to complications.
Replacing peanut butter with any other healthy spread is the only option to ward off its side effects.
Image Credit: mcancertalk.org