Lemongrass Leaf Benefits
Lemongrass leaf is a tropical grass used for myriad purposes. It is a citrus scented leaf native to India. Lemongrass leaves are mostly known for their anti-cancer properties, but they are beneficial in many more ways. Read on to know more lemongrass leaf benefits…
Lemongrass Leaf Health Benefits
- It has both antifungal and anti bacterial properties.
- Lemongrass can help in preventing and curing pimples and acne.
- Digestive problems can find relief with leaves of this plant.
- They are known to be effective against insomnia.
- It is a natural detoxifying agent and features in many a diet.
- High content of vitamin C boosts immunity.
- It increased metabolism of body fat and hence are ideal for those with weight loss goals.
- Regulation of blood pressure and management of cholesterols are other lemongrass leaf benefits.
- They are perfect home remedy for common cold and cough.
Culinary Uses of Lemongrass Leaf
Indian, Sri Lankan, Malaysian, and Indonesian cuisines make use of lemongrass extensively. They are added to savory dishes, vegetable curries, seafood, poultry, and meat. They complement taste of coconut milk well and hence combination of this are used for preparing chicken and seafood dishes in Sri Lankan and Thai recipes. They are added in many marinades, pickles, and teas.
Add lemongrass leaf in soups or curries or better still brew it as a tea and reap all the benefits it offers.
Image credit: topnews.in