How To Make A Delicious Fruit Salad For Spring Party
You can include fruits as desserts in your spring party at ease. While meeting the daily requirement of including five portions of fruits, it will also serve as a healthy spring party food. There are various spring party ideas for including fruits. You can include them as kebabs, fresh fruit platter etc. But the best way to serve fruits at a spring party is as fruit salad. Read on to know how to prepare a delectable fruit salad for a spring party.
Ingredients For Preparing Fruit Salad
Choose fruits that are semi-ripe as fully ripened fruits can deteriote very fast. Also semi-ripe fruits will be juicier and hence a tastier choice.
1. Green apples, preferably Granny Smith – 2
2. Pears, the blush varieties to add color – 2
3. Kiwi Fruits – 2
4. Grapes, halved [green and red varieties] – 2 hands full
5. Banana, semi-ripe – 2
6. Fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries – one handful each
7. Fresh cranberries – 20
8. Grapefruit segments [to prevent discoloration of apples] – 1 tin
9. Fresh cream
10. Honey [optional] – to taste
11. Fresh mint leaves – for garnishing
14. Fresh lemon wedges – for garnishing
How To Prepare Fruit Salad For Spring Party
1. Wash the fruits thoroughly using clean and cool water and dry using a soft cloth.
2. Peel the skin of kiwis and bananas. You may also peel off apple skin, in case your spring party has kids.
3. Transfer grapefruits segments from the tin to a large mixing bowl.
4. Scoop off the core of pears and apples and cut into large chunks. Add to the bowl and toss till juice oozes out.
5. Make chunky slices of Kiwi and add to the bowl.
6. Slice bananas into thin round slices or medium sized cubes, add to the mixing bowl and toss once.
7. Cut strawberries into halves and add to the mixing bowl.
8. Add the red grapes first and toss and then add green grapes.
9. Add blueberries, raspberries and cranberries.
10. Toss the mixture thoroughly.
11. Add honey, if desired, as a natural sweetener.
12. Add 2 to 3 tsp fresh cream and toss well.
13. Serve in ice cream cups or tall glasses topped with fresh mint leaves and lemon wedges.
Fruits salad is the ideal way to finish your spring party meal. You can replace fresh cream with yogurt and even add cereals, granola or dry fruits like raisins and cashew while serving this dessert.
So, next time your dessert ideas fall short while planning a spring party, choose the healthy and luscious fruit salad.