What Do You Know About Liquid Smoke
Several of us don't know what liquid smoke is. When smoke is passed through water you get liquid smoke which is primarily used to preserve food and to add flavoring. Smoke which is produced burning wood chips or sawdust is condensed using several ways and it passes through water to give liquid smoke. All the flavors of the smoke are captured in the liquid, this liquid is condensed further and modified in several ways to provide different smoke flavors.
- Liquid smoke when mixed with food imparts a smoky barbecue flavor and makes the item tasty.
- You can find the details about liquid smoke online like the ways it is prepared and other relevant information about liquid smoke
- Many companies have started producing liquid smoke and each of them follow distinct method to prepare it.
- To find out the details about liquid smoke preparation of a specific brand, you can visit the company’s site.
- To produce liquid smoke the company uses safe method and discards all the unwanted by products. Though cacogenic particles are found in the smoke when charcoal or wood is burnt, unwanted compounds are eliminated from the liquid once the smoke dissolves in water. Thus liquid smoke is healthier and not hazardous
- To add smoke flavor all the meat producers use liquid smoke.
- From 1970s many of them are using liquid smoke more commonly; you can find variety of flavors which is from various woods such as pecan, apple and hickory.
- Too much of liquid smoke in food will be annoying, just few drops will be sufficient for a full cup of baked beans.
- Add few drops of liquid smoke to your favorite recipe and turn it tastier.
Image credits: beachpackagingdesign.typepad.com