10 Ways To Spice Up Pumpkin Seeds
With winters setting in, pumpkins are in full swing and in comes the season of pumpkin pie, pumpkin tarts, pumpkin lattes, Jack-o-lanterns and the super-crunchy snacks made from pumpkin seeds. Pumpkin seeds are a great snack, especially when roasted and spiced up with a few basic spices. So, here are the top 10 ways to spice up pumpkin seeds to celebrate the festive season that’s setting in.
The Basic Step:
Irrespective of how you decide to spice up the pumpkin seeds, the basic step of roasting the pumpkin seeds remains the same. For this, roast two cups of pumpkin seeds with two teaspoons of vegetable oil in the oven at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. Soon, you will see the seeds turning crisp, brown and aromatic. Your roasted pumpkin seeds are ready. Now pick any one of the following 10 ways to spice up pumpkin seeds and enjoy the great taste of homemade snacks.
Top 10 Ideas to Spice Up Pumpkin Seeds:
1. With Seasoned Salt: Remove the roasted seeds from the oven and sprinkle with seasoned salt and enjoy a chilled winter evening.
2. Old Bay Pumpkin Seeds: To the roasted pumpkin seeds, toss a tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning and a teaspoon kosher salt and combine.
3. Jerk Pumpkin Seeds: A traditional recipe that most of us may be aware of. But for those who are new to this, here’s a quick snapshot. To the roasted seeds, add 3/4 teaspoon of ground allspice, 1 bay leaf (crushed), a quarter teaspoon ground cinnamon, half a teaspoon ground habanero chile and 2 teaspoons kosher salt and toss well.
4. Cheesy Pumpkin Seeds: To the roasted pumpkin seeds, add seasoned salt and some grated parmesan cheese and enjoy the rich, creamy taste of these cheesy, crispy pumpkin seeds.
5. Jalapeno Seasoning: For people who like a tangy-salty flavor, this is a great choice. A tablespoon jalapeno powder and 2 teaspoons kosher salt is all you need for this kind of spiced up pumpkin seeds.
6. Wasabi Seasoning: For a touch of an Asian ethnicity to your spiced up pumpkin seeds, Wasabi seasoning is great. Add a teaspoon of wasabi powder, 3/4 teaspoon of ground coriander and 2 teaspoons of kosher salt and toss well.
7. Honey Mustard: For a European touch to your spiced up pumpkin seeds, sprinkle a teaspoon of brown spicy mustard and 2 teaspoons of honey and turn those spiced up pumpkin seeds into an addictive snack.
8. Barbeque Sauce Seasoning: A little different method of spicing your pumpkin seeds!! For this, simply add a tablespoon of barbecue seasoning, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil to the seeds and roast well.
9. Sugar and Cinnamon: Especially, meant for those who love a perfect balance of spice, sugar and aromas. Just add 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar, a quarter teaspoon of ground cinnamon, a quarter teaspoon of ground nutmeg and 1/8 teaspoon of ground allspice to the roasted seeds. Toss well to get a burst of flavor and fragrance in your mouth.
10. Ginger Orange Zest: To the roasted seeds, add sugar, melted butter and slight salt and mix well. Now, add some ginger and orange zest and toss well.
With so many unique ideas to spice up your pumpkin seeds, you can never fall short of reasons and excuses to try them out at home. And with the Halloween just passing by, Thanksgiving just setting in and Christmas knocking at the door, what can be a better time? So, try any one of these 10 ways to spice up pumpkin seeds and learn the secret of healthy, tasty and easy snacking.