Jamie Deen residing in Savannah, Georgia is a restaurateur, cookbook author, television personality and a chef. Elder son of legendary Chef Paula Deen, the Deen brothers and her mother began a humble beginning selling tuna-fish sandwiches to local businesses. Within a few years this home based business turned in to America’s big-time restaurant named as “The Lady and Sons”. Now the family name of Deen brothers and their mother is a household brand.
Jamie Deen Professional Life
Jamie Deen born on June 29, 1967, in Albany, Georgia, is a chef, restaurateur, and TV personality. Jamie Deen successfully operates restaurant in Savannah, Georgia along with his other family members.
Jamie Deen Cookbooks
- The Deen Bros. Cookbook– Co-authored with his younger brother Bobby Deen and friend Melissa Clark. The Deen brother’s first cookbook includes hardship they faced while starting and growing their home based business to a big conglomerate. All tasted food with years of hard-work, the book includes hints, tips and shortcut for good everyday food. The collection of Jamie Deen recipes in this cookbook numbers around 100 also recounting experience while moving around America.
- The Deen Bros. Take It Easy: Quick and Affordable Meals the Whole Family Will Love – Adding up their fan base including kids Jamie Deen recipes includes 125 exotic food recipes in this volume. Some of the recipes bringing kids to the dining table are Pecan Catfish Sticks, quesadillas, beans and franks, honey –mustard baked chicken and cheese Jalapeno poppers.
- The Deen Bros. Y'all Come Eat – Jamie Deen the Food Network star brings in his own choice of amazing cheeseburger pies which will be liked by everybody.
Jamie Deen Restaurants
- The Lady and Sons restaurant– Story of rags to riches Jamie Deen with his brother and mother started the restaurant in two-hundred dollars at Savannah, Georgia initially with name “The Bag Lady”. With the business growing the location was shifted renaming it “The Lady”. Popularity increasing the restaurant was shifted to another premise in downtown - renaming it “The Lady and Sons”.
Popular Media Shows
Besides taking part in his mother’s television food shows, Jamie Deen co-hosted his own television programme with Food Network.
- Road Tasted– Started in 2006, stories of small businesses across America educated audience of the products. Co-hosted with Brother Bobby Deen the food show was later stopped due to their time commitment. The programme has been renamed as “Road Tasted with the Neelys” with new hosts
- Paula’s home cooking– Jamie Deen recipes appears occasionally in this show hosted by his mother Paula Deen on Food Network.
- Deen Brothers Good Cooking magazine– started in spring of 2010, it is published by Hoffman Media in Birmingham, Alabama. it features easy recipe for younger audience.