Romaine Salad With Croutons is a great recipe to know in itself.
4 , cubed (day old)
Extra virgin olive oil
1 , chopped finely
8 , washed and drained
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 , cored and sliced
Parmigiano reggiano cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Using a sharp knife cut romaine lettuce, into 3 slices and keep them in a bowl.
2. Cut the bread into cubes about ¾ inch.
3. In a skillet, put extra virgin olive oil, butter and garlic.
4. Let the butter melt and get hot.
5. Put in the bread cubes and season with salt and pepper and toss well to mix and let them toast until they turn golden.
6. Remove the croutons on a plate and set them aside.
7. Add cranberry vinaigrette to the leaves and season with salt and pepper and toss well to mix.
8. Put the pear slices in the salad bowl and few croutons.
9. Sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese and mix the salad with a pair of tongs
Salad and croutons go together like icing and cake—but only if you pair them well. No one knows the art of doing that better than Chef Keith Snow who tosses up a quick salad with romaine lettuce and crunchy croutons. Try making it at home for a real lunchtime treat.