Chef Keith Snow creates a wonderful Macaroni and Cheese recipe. Throw away that boxed stuff-- your kids will love it!
Whole wheat elbow macaroni
1⁄2 Pound, cooked
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Grated gruyere cheese
Grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 Cup (16 tbs) (or more)
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. In a large stainless steel bowl, put the macaroni pasta and pour the Mornay sauce all over it and stir well.
3. Season the pasta with nutmeg, pepper and salt and stir to mix.
4. In enamel coated cast iron pan, put all the macaroni mixture in it and spread.
5. Sprinkle with cheese all over and bread crumbs over the cheese.
6. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
7. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the cheese melts and gets golden brown on top.
8. Serve hot as desired.
Whole wheat pasta helps to maintain blood sugar level compared to white pasta.
Real dairy is good source of calcium and fat soluble vitamins.
If you are a lover of both cheese and Italian food, then you will go gaga over this classic macaroni and cheese recipe. Chef Keith Snow shares with his viewers a simple recipe of this classic favorite that is easy to prepare and makes for a healthful dish. Just don't forget to swap the traditional ingredients with their low-fat versions.