Chef Keith Snow demonstrates how to create a compound or herbed butter in this short howto cooking video.
1 Cup (16 tbs) (room temperature)
3 , leaves removed and chopped
Fresh rosemary sprig
Fresh oregano leaves
Sea salt flakes
1. Pull of the leaves from thyme and discard the stems.
2. Using a sharp knife, chop all the herbs, holding them in bunch all together.
3. Add the chopped herbs into the butter container.
4. Using a fork mash and stir well to mix.
5. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and little bit of black pepper.
6. Store this butter in a parchment paper and refrigerate.
7. Use as desired over steak, chicken or vegetable.