Kransekake is a magnificent tower of homemade almond paste shaped into 18 rings of various sizes, baked briefly until crunchy and stacked largest to smallest. Then decorated with a nice icing. Join Gregpatent in his kitchen and see him prepare Kransekake. Try out this amazing and outstanding dish!
Unblanched ground almonds
1 1⁄2 Pound
1 1⁄2 Pound
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1) In a large bowl combine the ground unblanched almonds, powdered sugar and baking powder, mix thoroughly with hands.
2) Add 1/4 mixture in the food processor and pour in 1 egg white, process and remove the mass into a bowl. Knead it well for 2-3 minutes on a surface. Repeat with the other 3/4 mixture.
3) Roll and shape the paste in the Kransekake rings 1/2 inch wide. Lay the paste/ dough in the Kransekake rings. Bake at the center shelf of the oven at 350 Degree F for 10 minutes. Bake all the 18 rings .
4) Remove from the oven and cool on the pans.
5) Assemble the baked Kransekake rings. Place largest ring on a lined plate and decorate with the icing in a zig zag pattern and similarly repeat with the other rings and icing from the largest to smallest. Dry at the room temperature.
Be it Christmas, wedding, baptism, or New Year's Eve, celebrations are incomplete without this Danish delicacy. A yummy blend of almonds, sugar and marzipan, this outstanding dessert dish is worth a shot. Never mind if you don't know the recipe. Greg Patent shows how you too can easily whomp up this dessert at home.