Betty's Emerald Isle Dessert- St. Patrick's Day
|For making vanilla pudding mix|
|Vanilla pudding mix||6 Ounce (2 (3-ounce))|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lime jello||6 Ounce (2 (3-ounce))|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Soda crackers||40 , crushed|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipped topping||2 Tablespoon (Cool Whip as needed)|
|Green maraschino cherries||4 (as needed)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Prepare vanilla pudding mix as per package instruction with milk.
3. Sprinkle dry lime Jello mix over hot vanilla pudding. Stir well.
4. Pour 1 ½ cups milk, mix well, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside to cool.
5. In a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch Pyrex dish, combine crushed cracker, sugar, and melted butter. Mix well and press evenly in bottom of dish.
6. Pop the dish in oven and bake for about 7-9 minutes or until golden. Remove crust from oven and cool.
7. Pour pudding mixture into cooled crust. Refrigerate until pudding is set.
8. Cut into squares and serve topped with whipped topping and green maraschino cherry.
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.3%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16 mg5.3%
Sodium 486.7 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.17%
Sugars 22.5 g
Protein 6 g11.7%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.7% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet