Crisp, simple, tasty cucumber salad recipe. So simple to start with this recipe, and then add in your favorite flavors.
1 Small, thinly sliced
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
White wine/Sherry vinegar
1. Slice the cucumber lengthwise, scrape out the seeds and cut it into strips using a vegetable peeler.
2. In a colander, toss together cucumber strips and onion slices with salt. Let it sit for about 20 minutes.
3. Press as much liquid out of the vegetables as possible and rinse well with cold water. Shake out excess water.
4. In a medium bowl combine the vinegar and sugar. Stir well.
5. Add the cucumber mixture and toss to coat.
6. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.