|Beef steak||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 , thickly sliced|
|Mexican pepper||2 , thinly sliced|
|Cornichons||100 Gram, sliced|
|Rosemary||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Thyme||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Roasted garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Smoked sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Schezwan peppercorn||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cabernet||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Place the beef steak over the counter and slice lengthwise. Then cut in half and pound with the pounder. Set aside.
2. Lay down the beef strips over the counter and season with, rosemary, thyme, tarragon, roasted garlic, smoked fine sea salt and schezwan peppercorn.
3. Place the onion, Mexican peppers and cornichons over the each strip. Roll and seal with tooth pick. Repeat the process with rest of the ingredients.
4. Place the roulades in a baking tray and season with smoked sea salt, schezwan peppercorn, garlic and rosemary.
5. Pour in the lemon juice and balsamic vinegar over the steaks. Cover the pan and place in refrigerator, for 3 – 4 h ours.
6. Before the cooking process, preheat the oven at 325 degrees F.
7. Take out the baking pan from the fridge and sprinkle flour over it. Set aside.
8. In a Swiss diamond non – stick skillet pour in the oil and heat.
9. Place the steaks with tong into the skillet. And sear for few minutes from all sides.
10. When steak is brown, then deglaze with cabernet.
11. Place the steaks again in the baking pan and cover with silicon mat. Place in the oven and braise for 20 minutes.
12. Plate the roulade and pour in the braised sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes.
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 34.6 mg11.5%
Sodium 381.7 mg15.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet