1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Grease a 10 by 12-inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
4. Add cold unsalted butter and mix to incorporate well.
5. Add raisins, caraway seed, milk, and egg. Whisk after each addition.
6. Transfer the dough into the greased baking dish. Spread evenly and using a knife dipped in flour make a big X right across the top.
7. Pop the baking dish in oven and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool in dish for 10 minutes.
8. Slice, smother it with some butter and serve with a cup of tea.