These GREEN Spinach Cheddar Chive Scones will get your kids in the festive St. Patrick's Day spirit and excited about eating their greens!
All purpose flour
2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)
2 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped
8 , finely chopped
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chilled and chopped into cubes
White cheddar cheese
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven at 400°F. Place the parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
2. In a large bowl add in the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix well.
3. Add in the butter to the flour mixture and mix with fingertips.
4. Stir in spinach, chives and cheddar cheese into the flour. Toss with the fork. Pour in the milk, mix all the ingredients with fork until well combined. Knead with hands until forms dough.
5. Take out the parchment paper from the baking sheet and place over a chopping board.
6. Place the dough over the parchment paper and gently press with hands to form a square.
7. Cut the dough into 9 even squares.
8. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
9. Spread butter over the scones and serve.