Brioche Bread & Butter Pudding By Good Food Ireland
|Plain flour||500 Gram|
|Strong flour||500 Gram|
|Fresh yeast||30 Gram|
|Semi soft butter||450 Gram|
|Egg yolks||250 Gram|
For the Brioche
1. Pre heat oven to 174 degrees C.
2. Take the bread tins and brush with butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl place all the dry ingredients and yeast and start to mix with dough hook.
4. Once all ingredients are fully mixed add in the eggs.
5. Once incorporated add the soft butter piece by piece.
6. Once fully mixed you can either use brioche straight away, or preferably place in a clean container overnight in a bowl and leave to rest and prove.
7. Then take the dough and divide between 4 buttered tins and leave prove until 3 times in size.
8. Brush with egg yolk and then place into a pre heated oven at 174 degrees C for 25 mins.
9. Keep it ready to be used in the Bread Pudding
For the Bread Pudding and Vanilla Anglaise
1. Spilt the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape the seeds form the pod and place the pod, seeds and cream into a pot and bring to a simmer, without boiling.
2. In the meantime, whisk the egg yolk and sugar together.
3. Once the cream has come to a simmer, slowly pour half the mix into the egg mix while whisking.
4. Then pour all the mix back into the pot and place back onto a medium hot stove.
5. Cook this mix out while stirring until it coats the back of the spoon.
6. Pass through a sieve and leave to cool.
7. Remove crust form brioche and slice into 1 cm slices.
8. Butter a mould, and layer the mould with brioche slice overlapping each piece. Every time there is a layer, pour some Anglaise over to soak the bread, but not to leave it swimming in Anglaise.
9. Keep forming the layers until the baking mould is full.
10. Ensure that the entire brioche is soaked with Angliase.
11. Place into a pre heated oven at 85 degrees for approx 50 minutes until the bread and butter pudding is cooked.
12. Leave to cool slightly before serving. Serve and enjoy.
Calories 743 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.1%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 525.9 mg175.3%
Sodium 325.7 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 131 g43.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 59 g
Protein 12 g25%
Vitamin A 17.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 40.6% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet