|Onion||2 Medium, chopped|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For frying)|
|Stewing lamb||1 Kilogram, cut in cubes (or beef)|
|Carrots||7 , chopped|
|Pearl barley||2 Tablespoon|
|Guinness stout beer||12 Ounce (1 bottle)|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Baby potatoes||700 Gram (12-14)|
1. In a large heavy Dutch oven, add oil and butter. Drop onions and sauté on medium-high heat until translucent.
2. Add the thyme and stir well.
3. Drop lamb, then turn heat to high and brown.
4. Add carrots, and pearl barley. Pour in the beer and chicken stock so that it just covers the meat and vegetables.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Throw bay leaf and cover the pot. Simmer on low heat for 2 -3 hours.
7. Place potatoes on top of the stew. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
8. Serve stew hot with bread.
Calories 602 Calories from Fat 289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.6%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g74.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124.3 mg41.4%
Sodium 410.9 mg17.1%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 37 g74.2%
Vitamin A 254.1% Vitamin C 41.6%
Calcium 10% Iron 20.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet