MMMM deep rich flavor from a very simple stew. This is the basic recipe, from here you can add your own embellishments.
2 Medium, chopped
1 Tablespoon (For frying)
1 Kilogram, cut in cubes (or beef)
7 , chopped
Guinness stout beer
12 Ounce (1 bottle)
3 Cup (48 tbs)
Salt and pepper
700 Gram (12-14)
1. In a large heavy Dutch oven, add oil and butter. Drop onions and sauté on medium-high heat until translucent.
2. Add the thyme and stir well.
3. Drop lamb, then turn heat to high and brown.
4. Add carrots, and pearl barley. Pour in the beer and chicken stock so that it just covers the meat and vegetables.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Throw bay leaf and cover the pot. Simmer on low heat for 2 -3 hours.
7. Place potatoes on top of the stew. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.