Dutch Oven Pork Tenderloin
|Cooking oil/Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pork tenderloin||2 Pound|
|Chopped onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (With Black Eyed Peas)|
Keep you cooked rice with black eyed peas ready before you pop the pork to roast in the oven. You can also cook the rice while the pork gets roasted in the oven. Here is how to cook your pork roast in the Dutch oven:
• Take a covered pan and put some cooking oil (or olive oil) in it.
• Put the chopped onions in it.
• Add some salt and pepper. Avoid sprinkling too much salt because pork has some salt of its own.
• Mix the onions nicely with the oil and the salt and pepper. Let the salt dissolve and the pepper get mixed up evenly. Spread out the onions on the bottom of the pan.
• Take the pork tenderloin and wash it thoroughly under running water.
• Place the tenderloin in the pan and roll it round and round to coat it nicely with the onions and the oil.
• Sprinkle some Italian seasoning on the tenderloin and cover the pan with its lid
• Cook at 325 degrees for about an hour and half in the Dutch oven. The pork should be at about 170 degrees after it done. You can check it with a thermometer.
• If you do not have a Dutch oven use a roasting pan and cover the tenderloin with a tin foil to keep it from drying out. Reduce the cooking time a little when cooking in the regular oven.
You can now carve it like a chop and serve it with rice. You can put it on a bun and make yourself a nice pork roast sandwich too. Enjoy cooking this simple but filling meal!