Pan Seared Striploin In Yorkshire Puddings With Bearnaise Sauce And Roasted Pear And Arugula Salad
|For yorkshire pudding|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (at room temperature)|
|Vegetable oil||12 Teaspoon (canola or corn oil)|
|Pears||2 (anjou pears)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melt|
|For salad dressing|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Baby arugula||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Crumbled cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (like Boursin, feta or blue cheese)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toast (or walnuts)|
|Flavor boost for steak|
|Kosher salt/Sea salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Herbes de provence||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|For pan seared strip loins|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (or canola)|
|Flavor boost||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or as needed)|
|For bearnaise sauce|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melt|
|Knorr's bearnaise||26 Gram (1 packet)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
For Yorkshire Pudding:
1. In a medium sized bowl whisk eggs.
2. Stir constantly and gradually add salt, flour and milk in it.
3. Once combined, pour water and whisk until smooth.
4. Into a measuring cup or pitcher, transfer the mixture. Cover the cup with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for an hour.
5. Preheat oven to 450 degree F.
6. Take a 12 cup muffin pan. Place a teaspoon of oil in each cup. Pop the pan in oven for 3 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from oven and pour ½ cup of batter into each muffin cup. Place the pan back into the oven and bake pudding for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and puffed.
For Roasted Pear and Arugula Salad:
1. Preheat oven to 500 degree F.
2. Cut pear lengthwise, remove core, slice thinly and set aside.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. In a bowl, add pear, butter, and sugar. Toss well.
5. On baking sheet, lay pear pieces, and pop it in oven. Roast for 10 minutes. Flip pear pieces once half way through. Remove baking tray from oven and let it cool.
6. Place a dry skillet on heat and toast nuts in it for about 3 minutes.
7. For dressing, in a small bowl add olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk well.
8. In a large serving bowl, combine arugula and roasted pear pieces. Pour dressing and mix.
9. Sprinkle cheese and toasted nuts on top.
For Flavor Boost for Steak:
1. In a spice grinder, drop kosher salt, garlic powder, herbes de provence, and black pepper. Whiz and store it in an airtight container.
For Pan Seared Strip Loins in Yorkshire Pudding:
1. Sprinkle flavor boost liberally on both side of steak and let it rest at room temperature for at least 40 minutes.
2. Preheat oven 325 degree F.
3. Place a cast iron pan on medium high flame, and heat oil in it.
4. Drop steak and let it sear in pan for 1-2 minutes on each side or just until browned.
5. Place the pan in oven and roast steak for 5-7 minutes. Take steak out of the oven, cover with foil and let it rest until ready to serve.
For Bearnaise Sauce:
1. In a saucepan melt butter. Drop a packet of Bearnaise and whisk it well.
2. Remove pan from heat and add milk in it. Mix well.
3. Place the pan back on heat and bring it to a boil. Turn down the flame, and keep it at a gentle warm until ready to serve.
4. Slice steak into thin strips. Make holes on top of puddings as shown in the video.
5. Roll steak slices into rosettes and stuff 3 rosettes into each pudding.
6. Drizzle sauce on top of stuffed pudding and serve with arugula salad.
You can store the flavor boost in an airtight container for a year and use it in all kind of dishes.
To make your own vinaigrette use 2 parts of oil and 1 part of acid like vinegar.