Ricotta Stuffed Sweet Potato Pancake
|Sweet potato||1 Large|
|Flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ricotta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon (warmed)|
|Pecans||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
1. Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Peel the sweet potato.
3. Wrap it in tinfoil and bake it for about an hour in the pre-heated oven.
4. In a mixing bowl, add the flour, salt and baking powder to a sieve and sift it.
5. Throw in the brown sugar.
6. Crack and separate the two eggs and whisk the egg yolks with the milk.
7. Remove the sweet potato from the oven and when done, rice it. You can also mash with a potato masher or a fork.
8. Add the riced sweet potato to the dry mixture, mixing it well.
9. Work the above mixture in the whisked egg and milk mixture, until completely combined.
10. Beat the egg whites until they are fluffy and stiff. Fold the egg whites into the sweet potato mixture, do not overly mix it.
11. In a buttered skillet, over a medium heat, ladle in the sweet potato pancake mixture.
12. When bubbles form on top and the edges look crispy, flip the cakes.
13. In a small bowl, whisk the ricotta cheese, so that it gets a creamier texture and becomes easy to spread.
14. When the pancakes are done, layer with ricotta and top with maple syrup and diced pecans and serve right away.
Recipe Courtesy of: cookingstoned.tv