Scallion Pancake Wraps
|For scallion wrappers|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (very hot)|
|Chopped scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Medium ground pork||1 Pound (or ground turkey or tofu)|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water chestnut||8 Ounce, finely chopped (1 can)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green onions||6 , chop|
|Dark sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil spray||1|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh minced ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|For dipping sauce|
|Hoisin||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili garlic sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, mince|
1. For dip, in a small bowl, add soy, hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar, and fresh ginger. Mix well and set aside.
2. For sauce, in a medium bowl, add fresh garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, ginger, rice wine vinegar, and sriracha. Mix to combine.
3. For pancake, in food processor, throw about ¾ cup scallions, reserving ¼ cup for later use. Blend until they resemble soft mulch.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sesame oil, and blended scallions. Mix them together.
5. Make a well in the flour, and add hot water in it. Mix to incorporate all the flour.
6. Place dough on lightly floured surface, and knead until nice and soft.
7. Wrap dough with plastic, and place it in refrigerator while you make the filling.
8. For filling, place a non-stick skillet on medium high heat, and saute onion in it.
9. Drop ground pork, stir often, and cook until brown. Reduce the heat to medium, if necessary.
10. Line a colander with paper towel, transfer pork into it and drain off excess fat. Return pork into the skillet.
11. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, and warm water.
12. Add water chestnut, sauce and cornstarch mixture into the skillet with pork. Mix well. Saute until the meat thickens slightly and everything comes together.
13. Add the reserved scallions, remove the skillet from heat, stir and set it aside.
14. For pancake, take dough out of the refrigerator, put it on counter top, and divide it into four equal parts.
15. Roll dough into tube about 1 ½-inch in diameter. Put three rolled dough back into the refrigerator until you work on them.
16. Cut ½-inch segments from rolled dough.
17. On lightly floured surface, roll each dough piece into a thin disk, about 5x5-inch.
18. Keep it between pieces of parchment or wax paper until ready to cook. Place rolled dough into the refrigerator while you work on the remaining.
19. Place a non-stick pan on medium heat, spray cooking oil, and cook pancakes for about 1-2 minutes per side. Sprinkle one side lightly with salt.
20. Transfer cooked pancake onto a plate, and place 1 heaping tablespoon of filling on it. Fold half way over to cover the meat, as shown in the video.
21. Serve scallion pancake wraps with dip.
You can put rolled pancake in an airtight container, and use it later.