Betty's traditional Scottish shortbread. Betty Bannerman Busciglio is professional cooking teacher and former caterer.
1⁄2 Pound, at room temperature
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1. Preheat the oven at 325 degrees F.
2. Using a food processor mixer, cream the butter and sugar well. Add the flour and process until a dough forms.
3. Knead by hand to form a ball. Divide in thirds and pat into three 7 inch tart pans.
4. Crimp the edges and prick with a fork. Bake for 25 minutes at 325 degrees.
5. Remove from oven, sprinkle lightly with sugar and cut into wedges.
6. Serve Shortbread with whipped cream and fresh fruits.