Betty Bannerman Busciglio, professional cooking instructor and former caterer, demonstrates her favorite method of making Zucchini bread, (Brits and French call Zucchini Courgette).
2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), divided
1 Teaspoon, freshly grated
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Light brown sugar
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), packed
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs), grated
Whole wheat flour
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour two 8-inches loaf pans.
2. Sift together 2 cups of the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine the sugar, brown sugar, oil, and eggs and mix on medium speed using the paddle attachment of a stand mixer for 2 minutes.
3. Add in the sifted dry ingredients and mix until just combined, for 30 seconds.
4. Toss the grate zucchini with the remaining all-purpose flour and the whole wheat flour. Blend the zucchini and the walnuts into the batter.
5. Divide the batter evenly between the two pans. Bake for 60 minutes.
6. Cool in the pans for five minutes then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
7. Serve Zucchini Bread with roasted chicken and enjoy!