Lemon and Blueberry Trifle
|Blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Blueberry jam||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grand marnier||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For lemon curd|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||8 Large|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Unsalted butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|For candied lemon garnish|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. For making Lemon Curd – In a medium saucepan, off heat, whisk all ingredients except butter.
2. Add in the butter and place pan over medium-high heat. Cook, whisking continuously, until butter is melted and mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon for 5 minutes – do not allow boiling.
3. Remove pan from heat, whisk for another 30 seconds, then pour curd through a fine sieve, into a glass bowl.
4. Press plastic wrap against the surface of curd and refrigerate until cool.
5. For make Candied Lemon Garnish – in a sauce pan add in the sugar and water, bring to boil.
6. Add in the lemon slices and simmer for 25 minutes.
7. Use a slotted spoon to transfer lemon slices to wax or parchment paper to cool.
8. For making Trifle – Add in the fresh lemon juice to remaining syrup to make lemon syrup.
9. Arrange Ladyfingers in a layer across bottom of Trifle dish.
10. Brush 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier on Ladyfingers, followed by a coating of the lemon syrup.
11. Layer on 1/3 of the Lemon Curd followed by 1/3 of blueberries, blueberry jam and whipped cream.
12. Repeat layering 2 more times so there are three layers each set of ingredients.
13. Garnish with Candied lemons and chill to set for about 30 minutes. Serve and enjoy with family.
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website