These are easier to make than you might think, delicious at any time of the year, but obviously a Christmas favourite. So much nicer and tastier than the ones you can buy in the supermarket.
Pastry dough/Sugar pastry
1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees c (160 fan)
2. Firstly, dust the work top and the pastry with flour
3. Roll out the pastry with the rolling pin, rotating it a quarter turn each time.
4. Continue with this until the pastry is about 1/2-cm thick.
5. For the base of the mince pie use the larger cutter to cut the pastry bases.
6. Lay these on a baking tray and add a generous helping of mincemeat.
7. Then for the tops of the mince pies use the smaller cutters to cut the pastry and cover the the top of each mince pies.
8. No need to seal the lids, this will happen in the cooking process.
9. Put them in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until they are a nice golden brown color.
10. Rest them on a cooling rack and then after 10-15 minutes dust them with icing sugar.
11. Et voila! Ready to be enjoyed, by the fire, with a nice glass of red or white mulled wine!
You can store them in a sealed container and they can be warmed through before serving.