I can never seem to resist a piping hot, fluffy funnel cake smothered in powdered sugar. I probably should have never learned how to make funnel cakes at home. This funnel cake recipe is super easy and creates one yummy batch of funnel cakes.
All purpose flour
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Dark brown sugar
1 Tablespoon, packed
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced
3 Tablespoon, chilled
1 Cup (16 tbs) (butter flavored)
1. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl beat brown sugar, white sugar, milk and egg until well blended.
3. Add half of the flour mixture into the egg mixture, beating just until incorporated and then beat in the other half of mixture.
4. Let the funnel cake mixture rest for about 10 minutes.
5. Pour the batter into a liquid measuring cup to make it easier to pour into the funnel. Prepare the desired topping while waiting like slicing strawberries, etc.
6. In a skillet heat oil to about 370 degrees.
7. Pour a third of the mixture into a funnel. Use fingers to cover the end of the funnel.
8. Hold the end of the funnel close to the oil and then remove your finger.
9. Quickly make circles in the oil using a spiraling motion.
10. Fry until lightly golden, about 3 minutes and then flip. Fry the other side until golden.
11. Remove funnel cake from the oil and let drain on a paper towel.
12. In a serving plate, garnish with powdered sugar, strawberries and cool whip and serve immediately.