Macchi Na Fillet Tartare Sauce Nl Sathe
|Sour limes/Juice removed||2|
|Black pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted bread crumbs||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Chives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spring onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tobasco/Capsico sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place all the minced and chopped vegetables in a rounded glass bowl. Add the ketchup, mayonnaise and tobasco sauce. Taste for salt. Stir gently. Cover with foil and chill.
2. Wash the fillets, you should get 8 large or 16 small ones. Marinate for half an hour in salt, chilli powder, pepper and lime juice.
3. Whisk the eggs in a bowl along with the cornflour.
4. Mix the bread crumbs and seasame seeds. Heat oil in a large kadhai or fry pan. When the oil starts smoking, lower the heat a little and roll the fillets in the bread crumbs and sesame seeds. Dip in the egg and deep fry 2-3 at a time. If the oil is scorching, the fillets will become dark coloured. So raise and lower heat as needed.
5. Lay a dark green banana leaf on a silver salver and stack the fillets neatly one upon the other.
1 sliced fresh pineappleÃ¢â‚¬â€ with skin. Diagonally chopped spring onions and carrots julienne and tomato wedges.
6. Surround the fish fillets with pineapple slices. Scatter the carrots and spring onion over the fish. Alternately you can serve it with tomato wedges or sliced papayas. Serve with the chilled sauce.