Coolea Arugula Salad
|Fennel bulb||1 , thinly sliced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided (1 tbsp. for the tomato)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juice extracted|
|Grape tomato||8 Ounce (red and yellow)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Pecan||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Arugula||1 Bunch (100 gm), washed and teared|
|Coolea cheese||3 Tablespoon (Shaved)|
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. For Vinaigrette – In a bowl, whisk the extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice, and set aside.
3. Over the prepared baking sheet place the grape tomatoes. Drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt. Roast on the top shelf of the oven for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F.
4. In a small bowl mix together the pecans, melted butter, salt and pepper.
5. Spread the pecans on the baking sheet. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
6. Take out the tomatoes and allow to cool.
7. In a large serving bowl place fennel and arugula, add tomatoes and pecans.
8. Shave Coolea Cheese on top of salad, pour in vinaigrette and toss.
9. Serve Coolea Arugula Salad with roasted chicken.
Calories 574 Calories from Fat 348
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29 mg9.7%
Sodium 245.1 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g55%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 26.9% Vitamin C 27.9%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet