Dutch Apple Pie
|Granny smith apple||2 Pound, peeled and sliced|
|Lemon||1 , juice extracted|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||28 Tablespoon (24 tablespoons for topping+ 4 tablespoons for apple slices)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for topping)|
|Margarine/Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for topping)|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a bowl, take apple slices, and pour lemon juice on it to avoid browning. Toss.
3. Add sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in it. Mix to coat well.
4. For topping, in a large mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and margarine.
5. With pastry cutter, cut margarine and mix it with flour. Mash and mix well with your finger tips. Do not use spoon.
6. Fill the pie crust with apple slices. Spread it evenly and pour cinnamon and flour mixture, if any left, on it.
7. Spread topping on pie crust.
8. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place pie pan on it.
9. Pop it in oven and bake for about 40 minutes. Pork with knife and check if the apples are nice and tender.
10. Serve Dutch apple pie with vanilla ice cream.
You can also use oatmeal for topping.
Apples shrink when cooked, so fill the crust really high.
If required cover baking dish with foil, to avoid too much browning and also to speed up cooking.
Calories 1020 Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.6%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 191 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 163 g54.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.7%
Sugars 83.5 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 26% Vitamin C 12.5%
Calcium 3% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet