Learn how to make a delicious comfort food soup with spicy chorizo sausage.
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
3 Large, peeled
5 Cup (80 tbs), stalks removed, chopped
3 Cup (48 tbs)
1 Pinch (as needed, to taste)
1 Pinch, freshly cracked (as needed, to taste)
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced
3 Clove (15 gm), minced
1) Cut the chorizo sausage into chunks.
2) Dice 2 peeled potato into large chunks and 1 potato into small pieces.
3) In a skillet, cook chorizo sausage over medium heat until well browned. Remove from the skillet, drain on paper towels and set aside.
4) Place a large heavy bottom pot over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic and onions.
5) Season with kosher salt and black pepper, stir and saute for about 5 minutes.
6) Pour in the chicken broth, kale and 2 diced potato chunks. Cover the pot and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are soft.
7) Mash potatoes up, then add 3 cups water, season with kosher salt and black pepper.
8) Then add the previously cooked chorizo and small diced potatoes. Stir to mix and cook for another 15 minutes.
9) Taste the soup and a adjust the seasonings, if needed.
10) Ladle the soup into soup bowls, drizzle with olive oil and serve hot.